Creating Awareness of Medical Waste Disposal in the City of Dallas, Texas
What is Medical Waste? How is it different from our common waste? Why do we need to give special attention to it during disposal?
The Importance of Management
Disposing waste can be a big headache, and is in fact a big responsibility, especially if you are dealing with wastes. The waste coming out of institutions like medical clinics, laboratories, pathological labs, and hospitals needs to be disposed of with responsibly while maintaining safety in both ways; safety for the people, community and environment so that they are not affected by the germs contained in the wastes, and safety for the people handling the biohazardous wastes. Therefore a whole new approach is needed for proper medical waste management.
Medical Waste Management Steps
Management combines several steps:
- Administering safety while handling the wastes, by maintaining proper hygiene, and by keeping safe distance from eyes, mouth and body and by not inhaling them
- Wearing gloves, protective clothing and using disinfectants during and after the procedure
- Packing of waste in a safe way so that they do not spread contamination
- Transferring wastes in aseptic conditions to the concerned medical waste company
- Processing of bio-hazardous wastes with care, proper technology and by abiding EPA and HIPAA norms
- Pickup of waste by a disposal management system on a regular basis
Completion of all these steps is extremely important for safe and orderly management.
Normally all institutions producing wastes as their by-products are tied up with management companies offering a proper waste management plan, and their wastes are orderly packed, and sent through daily mail to the respective waste management units for timely processing and disposal.It may helps to use this company
Why Disposing Biohazardous Wastes Is Necessary – Other The Reason It Comes with this Scary Symbol…
Biohazardouswastes need to be disposed off timely because:
- Wastes if accumulated within the institution would eat up necessary space, which needs to be cleared everyday
- Since these are both biodegradable, and bio-hazardous, therefore accumulation of wastes can result in decomposition, and build up of gas, rotten smell, and contaminating bacteria being spread into the open air
- Too much of waste accumulated and decomposed within the premises due to non-disposal, may result in overflow of wastes, which can lead to huge health hazards, and difficult cleaning sessions, leading to bad smell, stains and unnecessary labor
- A clean clinic, lab or hospital would ensure timely recovery and satisfaction of patients and better mood of health workers
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “Medical Waste is all waste materials generated at health care facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, physician’s offices, dental practices, blood banks, and veterinary hospitals/clinics, as well as medical research facilities and laboratories.”
Another description according to the Medical Waste tracking Act of 1988, defines it as “any solid trash that is generated in the analysis, medication, or immunization of human beings or animals, in research pertaining thereto, or in the manufacturing or screening of biologicals.”
This explanation consists of, yet is not constrained to:
- Blood-soaked gauzes
- Culture dishes and some other glasses
- Junked medical gloves
- Used surgical tools
- Discarded needles used to give shots or draw blood (e.g., medical sharps)
- Cultures, stocks, swabs used to inoculate cultures
- Taken off body organs (e.g., tonsils, appendices, limbs)
- Discarded lancets
With regards to this, the City of Dallas set up or developed its own medical waste disposal that will properly dispose these waste thus preventing people to accidentally acquire sickness from these. According to the Dallas Sanitation Services, Dallas citizens may dispose of common, non-harmful domestic solid trash at no cost at the landfill or transfer stations. These items can only be transferred in a passenger car, station wagon, pick-up truck, or trailer below 15 feet at totally free. Proof or Evidence of Dallas residency should be supplied in the type of a valid driver’s license or current City of Dallas water bill.
Below is a list of stuff that are not allowed at the landfill or transfer stations.
- Industrial waste
- Radioactive waste
- PCB contaminated waste
- Biomedical waste
- Liquid waste
- Gunk, grease and grit trap waste, or septic tank pumpings
- Dirt from dangerous spills or underground storage tank leaks
- Tires (unless in a small quantity and from a household)
- Fiberglass insulation (bulk)
- Lead acid power packs
- Used automotive grease filters
- Refrigeration apparatus containing CFC’s from sources other than Dallas residents
- Incinerator ash or air pollution management waste
- Any rubbish requiring written verification as confirmation of garbage disposal
More waste may be rejected for disposal if it is ascertained that it might make a nuisance by reason of discharge, disagreeable smells or would work to make the site unwholesome or negatively impact the public health, safety and well-being. Residents of Dallas are also offered a free disposal for their home chemicals at the Home Chemical Center or any event provided by the Dallas Area Household Hazardous Waste Network.
There are also places provided that will accept yard waste to be recycled. Below is a List of them:
- Bagged grass clippings, leaves (free of household wastes) can be delivered to the McCommas Bluff Landfill, the Northwest Transfer Station, the Southwest Transfer Station, or the Northeast Transfer Station.
- Yard waste brush can be delivered to the McCommas Bluff Landfill or the Northwest Transfer Station.
These things are done to ensure Dallas residents to be free from any harmful waste that may cause health problems. These things also are Dallas’ way of properly implementing its own Medical Waste Disposal Program.
Dallas Medical Waste Disposal
Biomedical Waste Solutions is known for disposal in Dallas, Texas (TX) for health care related facilities and removes the special treated and untreated waste especially the healthcare waste. Some of the waste includes the bulk human body fluids, microbiological waste, animal waste, pathological waste.
The removal of waste to maintain the health related facilities extremely clean all the time. The only aim to remove the waste is to improve the safeguards such that the patients remain safe all the time in a proper hygienic environment. The reputation of the medical related facilities is awesome only because of the cleanliness it maintains. There are some of the programs which help in removing the hazardous materials potentially and there are some of the tools and support which are used by these facilities to keep the environment clean all the time.
Dallas Sharps Container Disposal
The container disposal with the needles and sharps are taken care of by the Dallas health related facilities.
Handling Of Wastes through a Disposal Company
Before you understand the importance of proper disposal management, you must know why you need to dispose off the waste, and the dangers mankind has from biomedical wastes. Then only you would understand why you would need a waste company to handle the disposals.
The Danger Mankind Has…
Medical wastes contain much higher amount of germs, fatal bacteria, viruses, and parts and fragments and whole portions of medical disposable equipment. Syringes, gauges, hand gloves, cotton and more, are normally part of the wastes. Besides, there are more. After a test, therapy, or operation in some clinic or hospital, the disposables that gets stacked from the patient’s body are all accountable under wastes, and these all carry harmful pathogens, enough to contaminate an entire system, and multiple people, if not taken care of clinically and on time.
You just cannot leave accumulated wastes for decomposing till you get a chance to get rid of them in just any way. Neither can you throw the wastes in just any place in garbage baskets, wash basins, bathrooms, roads, sewers, or abandoned places. These are things that should be taken care of by handling them over to a management company, as because on serious exposure, a whole city and population can be wiped off from the plague caused due to the germ they contains.
What To Do To Eliminate Wastes
Being a responsible head or part of a clinic, hospital, pathology testing centre or laboratory, you need to be very sure that your centre is clean of wastes, and that you hand over the wastes for proper orderly disposal to a responsible company in Dallas. Good biohazard waste disposal companies would abide by the norms of the OSHA, and would use all modern, safe, and the OSHA and the EPA approved techniques, to take away or transfer wastes from your premises to theirs. Then they would dispose, degrade or process the wastes as per safety rules and norms without letting any germ come in contact with safe air and water.
Therefore it’s extremely important that while you try to run a good clinic or hospital and give patients the best treatment, you give equal importance to waste management. For this, you need to request a quote from a biomedical waste company in your area, which is listed among the government approved and recognized clinical waste disposal companies.
There are many companies in Dallas which are responsible for the waste removal and disposal services and people all over the United States are extremely pleased with the service of this company throughout Texas including Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Fort Worth.
To avoid these problems and keep common man safe from epidemics and health hazards, managementgroups are always active and doing the dirty job responsibly.
Please support our benefactor by visiting websiteclick here for medical waste disposal and in just 10 seconds you could go get quote on your biomedical waste collection or pick-up or for more info here.